Fisu Games Project South Korea 2015
FISU Games Project South Korea 2015
Who: Current and Former AIA Student Leaders and Athletes
When: June 29 – July. 14, 2015 (Approx)
Plant your flag of faith at the 2nd largest global multi- sports event after the Olympics, the 2015 Summer Universiade in South Korea. Come with us to Gwangju, the City of Lights and imagine yourself joining 20,000 athletes from 170 countries competing in 21 unique sports. We’ll be teaming up with international sport ministry volunteers and connecting with athletes from all over the world. This is an experience you won’t want to miss!
SERVING THROUGH SPORT Project Opportunities:
- Serve and support athletes, coaches, sport officials and volunteers at the 2015 Summer Universiade
- Reach out to the South Korean sports community and partner with local churches while experiencing a fascinating Korean culture
- Connect with AIA staff and volunteers from around the world
- Engage in opportunities for personal growth through discipleship, international experiences, sharing your story, and faith adventures
Application Deadlines for 2015 Project:
- March 31, 2015
- Register online on the Power to Change Project Application Tool (you must create an account before you begin your tour application). There is a $50 non-refundable application fee due upon the application submission. Athletes in Action will contact your references via email.
- Once your references are returned to AIA, we’ll review them with your completed application.
- We’ll notify you of your acceptance as soon as possible after your application is complete.
- Once accepted, you’ll commit to the team by sending in a non-refundable $100 deposit. There will be a “Project Acceptance Package” available for you outlining important information once your acceptance has been confirmed.
- We’ll provide you a “support coach” who will provide training and guidance to raise your portion of the team’s financial support goal.