You are invited to play THREE rounds of golf in ONE afternoon to help Athletes in Action accomplish our goals.
You and 30+ brave golf golfathoners!
Belmont Golf Course – Langley, BC
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 – 1PM (tee-off) through 8:30PM (dinner to follow)
You will get:
- 3 rounds (54 holes) of golf with power cart
- BBQ lunch and all the snacks and drinks you’ll need to get through the day
- All the golf balls you need to complete 3 rounds of golf
- Special gift from AIA at check-in (approx. $100 value)
- Gourmet Buffet Dinner with brief awards presentation
- Lots of prizes including vacation getaways for: top fund raisers, long drive, KP and other special feats (everyone goes home with a prize table item)
- 3 chances to win $10,000 cash with Hole in One on hole #14 (18 chances overall to achieve Hole in One and win other great prizes!)
- Meet and mingle with AIA Staff and special guests through out the day.
Athletes in Action believes that sports can be used to change lives. Currently, AIA Canada is partnering with Global Aid Network (GAiN) who is bringing humanitarian relief to Paraguay. AIA’s contribution to GAiN’s efforts come through SportAid. This humanitarian initiative mobilizes athletes to reach disadvantaged youths and families. SportAid also provides resources and training for nutrition centre volunteers where sport programs are hosted. These nutrition centres are becons of hope for thousands:
- There are 150 nutrition centres operating in Paraguay
- Nutrition stations feed and care for Underprivileged children and orphans
- AIA sends athletes, trains local volunteers, and provides resources for local sport programs run out of the nutrition centres.
By each golfer raising a minimum of $1,500. We recommend that you donate at least $300 yourself if you are able (Remember, you are receiving more than $500 value for your golfathon experience). In past fundraisers, individuals have raised as much as $7,000. Prizes for the most money raised include hotel and vacation packages, sports memorabilia and golf gear.
Once you have oﬃcially registered, you will be sent the Player Information Package, which will guide you through the process of ﬁnding individuals to sponsor you for this golfathon.